Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Birthday Party

I'm not sure there is any crafting joy greater than creating something for loved ones.  This weekend my little girl had a goldfish birthday party.  And, while it took a few late nights, I feel very proud with how the decor turned out.  So, it prompted me to blog them!  Thanks for taking a look at my proud crafting mommy moment :)


I did my best to make all the food tie back to the fish theme.  So we had:
Build your own Submarines
PB and Jelly Fish sandwhiches
Shrimp Coctail
Spinach dip, in a fish bowl which I called "Sea Weed"
Below:
Gold Fish Crackers (of course!!)
Pretzel Rods (Which I labeled Fishing Rods)
And gummy words or "Bait" as we called it
And I had cheese cubes laid out in the shape of fishes

 I made little pendants and hung them with command hooks that read: "Splish Splash" and "Happy Birthday."  Trying to cut all these little triangles reminded me that I spent some of high school geometry in the hospital and never really had a desire to figure out angles again after that...so hubs had to intervene and help.  Otherwise, they would have all been different sizes!
 The MagnaDoodle reads: Welcome, So good to SEA you :)
 For an activity for little ones, I cut out paper fish and created a Gone Fishin' Hole.  Huge hit.  Especially the glass rocks I picked up from the Dollar Tree.
 As a party favor, we sent the kiddos home with goldfish in a bag...of soap!  Adorable idea I nabbed from Pinterest and a huge hit with the kiddos.  I also purchased about 500 fish beaded necklaces from Oriental Trading so if you have a need for plastic fish (which I put in the soap) or fish necklaces, I'm your go-to.

I think that's all the bits and pieces of the decorations.  It was a total blast and now, I've got a year to plan my baby girl's next birthday!!!


No comments: