Sunday, October 12, 2008

Forgotten

The word forget seems to be on my heart lately. One of our youth ministry volunteers used a phrase from a song, "Why is the forgotten so easily done." Why is it that forgetting is so easy?
Another volunteer and I team taught this morning on Grace. Yesterday as we were finalizing the lesson, he said, "what is forgetting? I think it is a change of heart." The beauty and boldness of that statement caught me so off guard I had to write it down on a post it to come back to later. I looked up the definition of forget and did not find that same explanation, though I can't think of any better way to describe what forgetting really is when it compares to the past, forgiveness, and moving forward.
Applying the two above definitions when it comes to me forgetting the love I have in my life, why do I change my heart so easily? Why is it all too often hard for me to forget the times I've messed up and so easy to forget the times when I am loved? How do I change my heart to live forever in the latter and forget the former?

No comments: