Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Listening to God

For the last few months my church has been on a Stewardship Journey. That is, we've been trying to raise the funds we'll need to expand from one site to two sites. It's an exciting time and I have seen God help many leaders and contributors step up for this mission. I believe in the mission of our church and the leadership of church. I'm excited about the multiplying that will be done at Trinity in the next 12 months. We are about to embark on an awesome journey!

That being said, throughout this ministry series I've been praying and asking God to reveal to me just the right financial commitment to make to Trinity. Over the last months I have heard a number of testimonies of how God has revealed a financial commitment to members of our congregation and others. Through all the jounaling, praying, reading, and trying to listen God has remained silent. Today, I read an e-mail update with the total financial commitments already received. Frustrated, I thought, "Where are you God...why are you talking to so many and not to me?"

So, I'm still waiting to hear from God. What do I learn from this scenario? I think God let's us wrestle a bit here and there. Struggles build character. So, I'm attempting to wait it out and keep listening.

No comments: