Thursday, January 29, 2009

At the MAGL

This morning, I trekked back to school. My lunch packed, my first day of school outfit, my bag ready by the door. I felt the way I have felt so many times in the past…eager to learn, hopeful of what the next horizon brings. I am so blessed to be in an “intensive learning environment” as they call these two weeks. I think I’ve approached every learning opportunity as intense. Yet this opportunity is particularly powerful. So many of God gifted leaders approaching the same topic; we are leaders, what’s next?

In some ways I’m so excited and encouraged at how BIG God is. In other ways, I’m mortified.


One of the things I find so encouraging about God is that he never gives up on us. Here I am sitting amongst authors, former business owners, so catalysts for change in other cultures. Several of my new classmates have been imprisoned, have left their homes, have fled in persecution. God's hand is clearly at work in lives around the world. I am learning to take my time climbing the ladder I am on because at the top of the ladder, is just another ladder to climb. So I must learn to climb this one well, rather than quickly. I have felt from time to time the loneliness that comes from standing on the ladder of leadership and know others have as well. Here in this program I hope to learn to support other leaders. I want to ask God not, what can I do for you? But, rather, what can I do for your people?

No comments: