Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Poem from Lauren

One of my best friends in the world wrote me this poem. I wanted to put it up on my blog as my way of saying thank you to her. She's currently daring a life of adventure in Italy, taking a break from saving the inner city schools of Phoenix through Teach for America.

A friend who loves me
A friend who gives me everything
snack packs, love, and gratitude- a friend who never has and never will leave me
A friend I will know forever, but really know forever
not just a saying, but a truth
Cricket is a person who loves others
Even me- knowing my faults
She gives all, she doesn't judge
A friend who takes care
A friend who stumbles through life
Knowing who she is
seeking who she wants to be
and supporting me as I do the same
We walk together
Not side by side, but far away
together in heart
friendship over the phone
it that's the way it has to be
she will be loyal to me
Even when I try to forget
Our past and what we've experienced
She reminds me
that we are forever friends
sisters and companions
and she will remain
steadfast, strong in her beliefs
When I turn like a leaf in the wind
Searching for a shadow
Pursuing something invisible
She is the rock I will return to
Always
Steady
As the world turns and we grow
We move and change and progress
Cricket will be my friend
In the river, as the stream flows
around us-time-moving
inevitably flowing
we remain steadfast
Our bond is not easily broken
It endures. It will endure

No comments: