Friday, October 3, 2008

CJ's of Evergreen, CO

I'm in a Chicago style, hot dog stand in Evergreen, CO. How hillarious is that? I only ordered a soda, but smelling all that Vienna Beef has me craving my hometown favorite. I rarely call Chicago my hometown. I'm much too country for that. But, 8 of chicagoland addresses is starting to kick in. Maybe I'll make it to living there for a whole decade. Scary thought...maybe they'll issue me an award. I've done a lot of journaling about this said Chicago address of mine. My girlfriends tease me that I have a much too permanent address. Some believe I settled too quickly, awed by the permanency of career. Addresses are interesting thing. I realize that the postman uses my address to deliver my bills, a steady stream of credit card offers, and an occasional thought from a loved one. But, how much does my address say about me? Is it merely a mechanism for locating a point on a map or is it perhaps something more?

While I write this, the employed "hot dog stand guy" is currently sucking face with his midriff showing girlfriend; a few teenage guys cruise for their dream cars on public computers, and the news chats about Sarah Palin's down to earth approach at last night's debate. I wonder what their addresses say about them?

No comments: